The following web browsers are supported by Moodle:
- Google Chrome (Recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
(version 10 or above is required for drag-and-drop upload of content from outside the browser into Moodle)
- It is recommended you use the latest version for each web browser.
- Do you have a computer with a broadband (high speed such as cable, DSL or fiber?) Internet connection?
- Do you have Internet skills that will enable you to navigate and access specific URLs, use online library resources, and login to secure web pages?
Please make sure your basic computer settings are set to the following:
- Security Level: set at Medium
- Accept all cookies
To view or access course content, you may need one or more of the following depending on the type of content posted in the course:
- Microsoft Word - Accessible through MyRedlands portal
- Microsoft PowerPoint - Accessible through MyRedlands portal
- Microsoft Outlook - Accessible through MyRedlands portal
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader
- QuickTime (Mac)
- Microsoft Media Player
- Does your computer have all the programs and software required for the online courses you want to take?
- Do you have computing skills that will enable you to function efficiently in an online course (downloading and saving files, creating folders, changing settings on your computer, typing and word processing, sending email with attachments, etc.)?
- Have you accessed your Redlands email account that you will use regularly for course communications?
With OneDrive, you get free storage in the cloud to store your files, PowerPoint presentations, and photos, sync across all your computers, and even edit and collaborate with classmates on Office documents. You can access the latest version of your files from any computer or phone—no cables or USB flash drive necessary.
Share files, Powerpoint presentations and files through email or submit to Moodle, by sending a short link in the message, or by posting them to a social network, your website or blog right from OneDrive for Business. There's also a desktop app for OneDrive for Business that creates a folder on your PC or Mac that syncs with your cloud folder and lets you access files on your PC remotely.
Refer to this Micrsoft OneDrive resource for more information.
Other Computer Capabilities
In order to participate in some of your assignments, as well as live classroom sessions, you will need the following:
- Speaker and Microphone